Sr. Unity Developer
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. We are supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, two subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
About the Role
Are you driven by quality? Do you like tackling juicy technical challenges using Unity and C#? If so, the Sago Mini team is looking for an experienced Sr Unity Developer to help build and launch our next major product. You will join a cross-functional team of experts who want to make products that positively impact the world.
This role is a non-gameplay Unity developer position.
You'll thrive in this role if you…
- Take ownership and flourish in a fast-paced, agile product development environment.
- Can work collaboratively with product managers, designers, and artists.
- Like to solve problems and are eager to learn new things.
- Have a deep appreciation of the details that take an experience from good enough to great.
What You'll Be Doing
- Play a senior role on the team, working closely with your cross-functional team (product manager, UX, QA, and other developers) to design and build new product features.
- Work on all things related to our Accounts and Store subscription system.
- Create tools that help the team stay productive.
- Support app releases across multiple platforms, handling all the little details of making a successful release.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8+ years of professional software development experience.
- A love for architecting systems. You can break down complicated tasks into distinct solvable components, prioritize what is essential, and provide accurate time estimates.
- Strong OOP skills and proficiency with C#.
- Deep understanding of how to use Unity to create cross-platform mobile apps.
- Iterate quickly, and write clear and reusable code.
- Familiar with building apps that use IAPs; both local and server-side receipt validation.
- A degree in game development/computer science/engineering or a resume full of practical experience.
- Bonus points if you are comfortable building native plug-ins for iOS (Objective-C/Swift) or Android (Java/Kotlin).
About the Process
- Once you apply, you'll receive an email confirming that we've received your application. After we've had a chance to review your application (1-2 weeks), we'll reach out to let you know what the next steps are.
- If you are moving ahead, your first interview will be a 30 min interview where we'll learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the role.
- Next, we will ask you to complete a short take-home assignment assessing your technical skills.
- Your third interview will be a 1.5hr technical interview where we will explore your technical experiences through questions/answers and a live coding exercise.
- In your fourth and final interview, you meet with a cross-functional group of Sago Mini members for 1hr. You'll discuss your past work experience and let us know what you're excited to tackle next in your career.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Sago Toys of Spin Master Limited a leading global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.