Sago Mini creates beautiful and thoughtfully designed apps & toys for preschoolers and toddlers. We are looking for an experienced interaction designer to join our digital products team.
As a Play Designer you will work with our product owners, developers and artists to craft active playful experiences for children ages 2-5. You will be a key advocate of the child and parent experience, applying insights and research to establish and iterate on the details of play, interaction, and visual design. This position would be ideal for someone with a background in mobile game design or toy design with a special interest in designing great digital experiences for children.
What you’ll do:
- Design fun and intuitive open play experiences for kids.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Work collaboratively with digital artists and developers to make great apps.
- Play test digital products with young children and parents.
- Communicate insights and observations to the team.
- Understand kids’ motivations and expectations when it comes to play.
- You have a degree in product, industrial, or interactive design or have demonstrable working experience.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional experience working in design.
- You are naturally inquisitive and capable of making careful observations and conclusions with an open mind.
- You are curious and playful and an enthusiastic lateral thinker.
- You must be a comfortable communicator and excellent collaborator.
- You can successfully communicate interaction design details that account for the needs of artists and developers.
- You have a strong interaction design sensibility and a passion for details.
- You love working with and for children.
You’ll love working here if you:
- Take pride in ownership and like to hustle.
- Are able to work collaboratively.
- Like to solve problems and are eager to learn new things.
- Are obsessed with the details, and can take an experience from good to great.
- You’ll get an email response confirming we’ve received your application, and we’ll let you know within a few days if we’d like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you’re moving ahead, we’ll book a call to learn more about your experience. Then we’ll send you a short homework assignment to get a better feel for your skillset.
- If the assignment goes well, we’ll book another interview to dive deeper prior to making a decision.
If this sounds like a job for you, reach out and say ‘Hello’. Tell us about work that you're proud of, your hobbies, and what excites you about working at Sago Mini.
Sago Mini is an award-winning company devoted to play. With over 40 million downloads, 30+ apps as well as a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for preschoolers and parents worldwide. Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. We offer an exceptional workplace in downtown Toronto and competitive compensation. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.