Mobile Game Producer
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschooler apps and toys worldwide. Supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers who are devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, three subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
You are an experienced game producer who has played key roles in shipping multiple titles for mobile, PC and/or console. You have a passion for delivering beautiful games that are designed to enrich and delight players and an appreciation of the details that take an experience from good enough to great. You take ownership and flourish in a fast-paced, agile and creative product development environment. You bring an energy and enthusiasm to build games that improve the lives of children.
About the Role
The producer leads the development of a new mobile game set in the Sago Mini universe. They are responsible for delivering a high-quality game on time and within budget. The producer is the main point of contact for studio leadership and external stakeholders throughout the production and is expected to deliver regular updates. The producer is a passionate advocate for the player experience and will ensure this guides the overall development. This is a senior position suitable for candidates who have played a key role in leading mid-size game development teams (10-25) and shipped more than one game on mobile, steam/pc and/or console. The producer’s focus will be on the longer-term (month-to-month, quarter-to-quarter) roadmap and will work alongside a production manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day and week-to-week scheduling and tracking.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the overall organization and execution of the project.
- Manage stakeholders by providing regular project updates and identifying and mitigating production risks.
- Ensure the player experience is best-in-class with a special emphasis on young player audiences.
- Guide the production by establishing and managing regular sprints, retros and other team rituals.
- Identify and fill skill and capacity gaps within the team.
- Have your mind firmly planted in the future, removing roadblocks and exploring future opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years video game production.
- Production experience on multiple shipped titles.
- Able to break down complicated tasks into discrete solvable components and draw on experience to external expertise as needed.
- Knowledge of game development lifecycles from concept to shipping and live ops.
- A toolkit of team processes, rituals and communication tools that can be drawn on as needed.
- Clear and confident communicator able to distill and share information with their team, among colleagues and senior leadership.
- Expertise in key elements of 3d game development.
- A deep appreciation of the details that take an experience from good enough to great.
- You have the ability to empathize with our target audience and understand the kids’ perspective.
About the Process
- You’ll get an email response confirming we’ve received your application, and we’ll let you know within a few weeks if we’d like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you’re moving ahead, we’ll book a call to learn more about your experience.
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a short homework assignment to get a better feel for your skillset.
- If the assignment goes well, we’ll book an interview with you and the hiring team to dive deeper.
- At this point, you’re a strong contender for the role! We’ll have you meet for a chat with the team you’d work closely with prior to making a decision.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.